Responsible for the cleaning of the manufacturing area on a daily basis so as to effectively prevent the accumulation of debris that would constitute a fire hazard or possibly cause an injury of some sort.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with little or no supervision and do so safely.
- Sweeping and cleaning of all main aisles and work stations in the manufacturing area.
- Emptying of all scrap carts in the manufacturing area. These would include the carts by the 1-1/2” saw, both matchers and all of the carts in the grading areas.
- Clearing of debris from around and under all major manufacturing equipment.
- Cleaning under the tilt hoist and related equipment so as to prevent an accumulation of debris in these areas.
- Cleaning in the area around the hog, including the hog access platform.
- As time permits, cleaning of areas not normally done, such as the deck and steps to Supervisor’s and Maintenance office, the time locker hallway, the hog electric room, etc…
- Pick up excess banding and dispose of it properly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep current in the field by reading published information and attending authorized seminars and conferences.
- Report or point out to your supervisor, plant foreman, plant manager, or Owners anything that you recognize or perceive as a contributing factor to creating excessive waste or a substandard product.
- Report or point out to your supervisor, plant foreman, plant manager or Owners anything that you recognize or perceive as an unsafe act, or piece of equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a friendly and cooperative work environment. Respect other co-workers, supervisors, management and have the interests of the company at the forefront of your daily activities while working.
- A safe and conscientious work attitude as well as the ability to get along with our co-workers and supervisor.
- Other job-related duties may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
Scope and Working Relationships:
Reports to: Plant Manager
Working Relationships and Scope: Has regular contact with employees, supervisors, management, vendors and other professional advisors as appropriate.
- Quality, accuracy, thoroughness, reliability and timeliness of work performed.
- Effectiveness of communications and development of good working relationships with the owners, other department heads and all Company personnel.
- Professionalism and personal demeanor.
- Quality of the example set for other employees (attitude, approach, professionalism, team effort, commitment, loyalty to Company, etc.)
- Quality of the example set for other employees (attitude, approach, professionalism, team effort, commitment, loyalty to Company. etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: At least one year of directly related experience.
Requires ability to: Standing and walking for periods of 2-3 hours at a time. Pushing a broom, using a shovel and wheelbarrow. Pushing scrap carts filled with scrap lumber. Work under dusty and dirty conditions. Work outside from time to time. Read and understand all safety bulletins, warning signs, decals, and all written training material.
Requires skill in: Interpersonal and verbal communication skills; ability to interact professionally with a variety of people; willingness to assume responsibility and solve problems.
Work is performed largely in a plant environment where exposure to injury exists. Will be working hours other than those that the production people work. Some weekend work may be required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. “Principal duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered essential to the performance of the job. “Additional duties” are those considered incidental or secondary to the job’s overall purpose. This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to change over time, at the discretion of management, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.