To maintain mill area and equipment in clean, safe operating condition. This position is transitional with the ultimate goal of placement on one of four crews working a rotating schedule.
- Prepares, paints surfaces as required using specified products and cleanup techniques
- Maintains lawn and landscaping in neat, orderly condition
- Maintains and operates fire extinguisher as needed
- Cleans equipment such as burners, blenders, conveyors, E-tubes and RTO wearing personal protective equipment as required, using established procedures
- Operates forklift and bobcat to move, load and unload material
- Installs and removes bag house bags
- Operates manlift to reach high areas for cleaning, painting and maintenance activities
- Performs general plant maintenance activities such as sweeping, shoveling, wiping and washing
- Observes all safety rules and regulations
- Trains in assigned areas with purpose of ability to cover vacancies and vacations on crews.
Skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Forklift license
- Good eye / hand coordination
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Knowledge of manlift, bobcat operation
- Knowledge of safe operation of hand and air tools, lawnmowers, weed eaters, fire extinguishers, paint and cleaning products
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalent desired
- Manufacturing or production experience preferred.
Or any combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Manufacturing environment
- May work in confined spaces and at heights.