The Townsend Hotel is seeking a Reservations Agent. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of hotel reservations systems, Front Desk and Night Audit procedures. They will be saavy with computers and phones. The Reservations Agent should be friendly, warm, anticipatory and interactive with hotel guests over the phone and in-person.
This role reports directly to the Director of Front Office.
The ideal candidate will have availability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends. Shifts will vary between 7:00am-3:00pm or 3:00-11:00pm.
Guest Services – 80%
- Assists guest with reservations, cancellations and modifications via phone and email communication.
- Provides back-up assistance to the front desk as necessary.
- Reviews and inputs credit card authorizations and third party reservations.
- Contacts guests that were previously waitlisted to confirm reservations.
- ???Develop relationships with repeat guests and potential new guests to make them feel valued and welcomed to the hotel.
- Take and input Room Service Orders.
Administrative – 20%
- Audits individual profiles for accuracy and duplicates.
- Review today’s and next day’s arrivals for VIP status, titles, duplicates, company names, unnecessary comments, preferences, specials, upgrades, special requests, and notes, and update/merge profiles where necessary.
- ?????Research via LinkedIn and/or Google to find out more information on guests (i.e. titles, companies, etc.) and to find trends.
- Review travel agency commissions for accuracy.
- Assist with managing of all third party sites for daily restrictions.
Physical Demands: Must be able to see computer screens, data reports, and other business documents. Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, associates, and customers, attend meetings, and prepare company information and assigned tasks. Requires walking and standing for minimal periods of time. Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Environmental Conditions: Office environment.
Essential Skills: Requires knowledge of Reservations, Front Desk, and Night Audit procedures. Requires the ability to operate all Front Office equipment, including software and systems.
Education/Vocational Preparation: High school graduate or equivalent degree required. Bachelor degree preferred. One year of experience in the hospitality industry or equivalent. Fluent foreign language skills preferred.