Are you creative? Do you enjoy the challenge of design and implementation? Like computers, graphics, and new software? Finally, do you want the opportunity to tap your potential in applying your skills to the in-home retail market? We may have the opportunity for you!
The Carpet Guys, L.L.C. is a rapidly-growing, family-owned business opened in 2010 aiming to be a dominant force in the southeastern Michigan area. Due to our explosive growth, we are seeking an individual to assist with our Graphic Design and Marketing strategies at our corporate warehouse in Troy, Michigan. This is a full-time position, and we are seeking a dependable individual who enjoys the ins and outs of the creative process, a client/”street ready” appearance, and a customer service/problem-solving mentality.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
Strong, demonstrated experience with Adobe products on MAC OSX, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects. (You get bonus points if you know and are familiar with Adobe Audition, Lightroom, Dreamweaver and InDesign).
- Familiarity with Sony cameras and equipment (we currently use a Sony a7sii).
- Experience in the creation of billboards, web graphics, social graphics, social animations, print design (in both long and short format), motion graphics and video editing.
- Proven multi-tasking ability.
- Capable of learning new computer software.
- General administrative skills.
- Extraordinary communication skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Ability to give and receive critique, adapt design and message accordingly.
- A valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift ten (10) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. (We are BUSY!)
- A good work ethic with flexibility in scheduling.
- Three (3) personal references that can attest to a track record of dependability, punctuality and diligence.
- Some college coursework, preferably the minimum of an associate’s degree.
- More bonus points available if you happen to be bilingual in Spanish or Arabic.
- Previous flooring, retail or in-home sales experience.
- Computer experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Scriptwriting and copywriting experience.
- Handle design responsibilities for email and website deliverables.
- Maintain image database and asset preparation for web launches.
- Work with Marketing Manager on a wide variety of online and print initiatives.
- Work with Marketing Manager to maintain The Carpet Guys brand across all deliverables.
- Carry out assigned projects while meeting deadlines.
- Design print brochures, flyers, advertisements, trade show graphics, signage, and other promotions.
- Create digital graphics for various formats.
- Digital illustration, photography, image manipulation, color correction, sizing.
- Assists in development of strategy, communication techniques, copywriting and proofing.