Job Title: Machine Operator
Summary: Starts up and operates equipment to mold plastic, rubber, or synthetic products into quality parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Starts up and/or shuts down machinery.
- Reads and follows written production orders.
- Identifies and loads correct material compound into material hopper.
- Operates machinery to produce parts.
- Pulls parts out of machine.
- Efficiently inspects and trims parts to achieve and meet quality standards.
- Boxes or packs parts in the correct containers required to fill each order.
- Logs and submits daily work activities each day as outlined by current procedures.
- Meets or exceeds production requirements.
- Works in the most efficient way possible at all times.
- Achieves accurate vision capabilities with or without corrective lenses at all times while on the job.
Education and/or Experience: No prior experience or training needed.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to repetitively use hands to grip tightly, pull, handle, manipulate or feel parts and reach with hands and arms often using repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and rarely push/move up to 100 pound barrels on wheels. Accurate vision capabilities with or without corrective lenses are required by this job and include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.