JOB TITLE: Driver (CDL-A)
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager LOCATION: Troy, MI
JOB SUMMARY: The Driver (CDL-A) is responsible for ensuring the delivery of material orders as directed in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure safe travel and delivery of material within the State of Michigan
- Response for loading and unloading material from vehicles without assistance
- Ensure accuracy of material while loading/unloading vehicle
- Responsible for properly securing cargo before departure and during transit
- Individual must comply with all D.O.T. requirements and safety procedures
- Handle steel within facilities to meet customer demands
- Operate Hi-Lo’s as needed to move material within the facility
- Operate machines that saw and bend steel
- Expected to meet customer order demands
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to business operating procedures
- Valid CDL-A license with air brakes endorsement
- Current medical card required
- Previous driving experience required
- Ability to perform general physical activities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including but not limited to; safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and manuals
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- High-level of safety awareness and precautions
- Ability to meet workload demands and timeframes
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.