Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) PRN
Michigan Premier Home Care and Hospice, a CorsoCare Company
Plans and provides physical therapy services to clients in their homes in accordance with the Plan of Care and Agency policies and procedures. The Physical Therapist Assistant performs functions that require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill and must be able to make judgments accordingly.
- Education and/or Experience: Has current certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the state(s) of practice. Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in health care field. Home care experience preferred but not required. Current CPR certification.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state/Agency requirements. Reliable transportation with good driving record.
- Physical Therapist Assistant assists with the performance of physical therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled procedures, and ongoing evaluation for clients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Plans, teaches, supervises, and counsels clients about their physical therapy needs to promote improvement or recovery, symptom management of disease process, and community resources.
- Attends and actively contributes to interdisciplinary team or other required meetings.
- Shares areas of expertise among and between teams. Initiates interdisciplinary referrals.
- Uses OASIS assessment tool and outcome reports to improve therapy services and client outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Navigating the Path of HealthCare
Michigan Premier Home Health Hospice provides patient-based home health care services while protecting patient rights and giving them the dignity and respect they deserve. Our experienced certified home health care professionals are highly skilled and completely focused on our patients. Our services are comprised of three core divisions: Certified Home Health Care Services, Private Duty/Private Pay Services and Transitional Care Navigation Services.