General Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Food Production Manager Assistant, responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels and ensuring product quality. Responsible for promoting a clean food service environment. Helps with basic food preparation as needed. May be required to drive Agency vehicles for supplies or food delivery.
Essential Job Functions: (Reasonable accommodations will be provided, if necessary, for individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential job functions.)
- Assists with food ordering and scheduling of food deliveries as needed.
- Receives and organizes food and nonfood deliveries. Promotes proper inventory levels.
- Compares order and delivery records to confirm deliveries meet all specifications and reports discrepancies.
- Helps to ensure food and supply inventory levels are maintained.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment. Promotes a clean food service environment.
- Sorts and breaks down throwaway items for recycling such as boxes, cardboard, cans and similar items. Takes out the trash as needed.
- Acts as back up to various kitchen positions including Kitchen Porters, Van Drivers and Cooks.
- Examples of job functions listed do not include all tasks which may be found in this position. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to the organization’s missions and goals.
- Computer skills sufficient to learn specific departmental software programs.
- Ability to maintain confidential information regarding all aspects of client, volunteer, employee and agency information.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish good relationships with staff, clients, volunteers and vendors.
- Ability to represent the Agency in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adjust priorities to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet department standards with regard to job knowledge, client focus, initiative, productivity, communication, teamwork and attendance.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License in good standing (4 points or less is preferred)
- Prior experience with receiving and organizing food and beverage supplies preferred.
- ServSafe certification, either current or completed within 12 months of employment, is required.
- The working environment is based in a kitchen environment where safe work practices are extremely important. Use of protective gear such as hats, aprons and gloves is required. When required to drive, exposure to weather & traffic conditions becomes significant.
- Physical mobility is required for sitting, walking, bending and long bouts of standing. Must be able to carry and lift items between 40-70 pounds. Must have dexterity to operate kitchen equipment safely. Must be able to drive. Must be able to enter and access information using a computer. Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, volunteers, co-workers and vendors in person and over the phone.
- Sensory requirements include exposure to extreme temperatures, tight spaces, slippery floors, moving mechanical parts, sharp kitchen utensils, high noise levels, water and cleaning compounds.
- Mental requirements include the ability to handle varying and intense levels of stress.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
All employees who have access to protected health information or personally identifiable information, are required by the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule to receive training to ensure an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy & Security Rule that corresponds to their duties. Training on the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule and the policies and procedures is a prerequisite for this position. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule will be subject to discipline up to and including termination of employment.
Reports to: Assistant Food Production Manager
Work Location: Central Kitchen, Lansing, Michigan
Base work schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm, 40 hours/week, Full Time
To view the complete posting and to apply online visit, https://www.tcoa.org/employment/ To apply in person, visit us at Tri-County Office on Aging, 5303 S. Cedar, Suite 1, Lansing, MI 48911.
Tri-County Office on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer