Plans, conducts, and documents quality systems activity in accordance with international quality standards, customer requirements, and product evaluation and test activities. Utilizes proven quality methods and techniques as required to maintain the integrity of our quality system. Monitors and maintains gage and testing control and calibration activities.
Acceptable candidate shall have the following minimum qualifications:
- Have at least 1 year experience in quality assurance
- Be willing to work any shift.
- Have less than 2.5% unscheduled time off per month accumulative over the last 6 months.
- Minimum High School education or GED Equivalent.
Acceptable candidate shall be able to demonstrate the following after 60 days of training:
- Able to work without supervision.
- Able to follow instructions and work independently.
- Have a fundamental understanding of quality, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics.
- Have a fundamental understanding of Customer expectations and satisfaction.
- Have a fundamental understanding Supplier relations and performance.
- Be able to plan, control, and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling, and measurement systems.
- Assure that gage control and calibration system is maintained and that equipment is calibrated and monitored as to maintain calibration status.
- Assist Quality Manager in maintaining document control for organization.
- Documents all activities in a neat, accurate, and legible manner in accordance with established record requirements and document control expectations.
- Understand Non-conforming Material System and when the use of tags is required.
- Be comfortable working with sophisticated measurement equipment, technology, and computers.
- Conduct Destructive Tests such as Rockwell, Grain Structure, Tensile, etc.
- Responsible for keeping a state of order and integrity in the Quality Lab at all times.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping of Quality Lab area and equipment at all times.
- Assure that all testing and measuring activities are conducted with the expected degree of precision and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: TEAM WORK, COOPERATION, A POSITIVE WORK ATTITUDE AND FLEXIBILITY IN ACCEPTING WORK ASSIGNMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR EVERY POSITION. FAILURE TO INTEGRATE THESE REQUIREMENTS INTO YOUR WORK PERFORMANCE MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINE UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION.