Responsible for the successful execution of Meijer Gardens Culinary Arts services, ensuring
a quality experience for all guests. The position is required to coordinate and offer hands on service. Works
independently, as well as with effective direction and support for other staff members, volunteers, and vendors.
As Meijer Gardens grows their business, the functions of this position will be to assist in all areas of the
Culinary Arts & Events Department. As business grows, job functions will become more defined.
Coordinate, organize and implement food & beverage services for events and concerts
• Maintain organized information and execute details as coordinated
• Provide floor coverage for food and beverage services
• Monitor quality and consistency of products throughout distribution.
Coordinate, document and inventory items aligned with beverage services
• Maintain organized inventory
• Document inventory needs and usage per event or concert
Assists with delegation of staff responsibilities and monitor performance
• Verify staff is onsite as scheduled and assign areas of responsibilities
• Verify details and share communications with service staff and culinary
• Monitor performance and ensure consistent service
Monitor and maintain cleanliness and general organization of facility and equipment
• Report any service needs to supervisor
• Maintain all health department standards
• Ensure set-up, clean-up and sanitation of all food and beverage areas
Coordinate and document food and beverage accounting information
• Collect payments, fill out paperwork and process cash, checks and credit cards in accordance
with accounting procedures
• Secure cash for all registers and assign responsibility to staff by register
• Oversee accurate balancing of registers
Coordinate and maintain knowledge of Point-of-Sale systems including reports, system changes, and
Assist with ensuring all applicable regulations, ordinances, codes, and laws are followed i.e., MDHHS,
MLCC and any other governing municipals.