Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic individual who will lead teams of talent focused professionals at our American Job Centers in Manistee and Cadillac. The Service Center Manager plays a key leadership role in the communities, and supports job seekers as they overcome barriers in order to succeed in training, education, and employment.
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions
In this position you will:
- Develop and lead high functioning teams as they implement customer focused employment activities and programs.
- Ensure teams operate effectively and efficiently.
- Implement process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness of standard programming.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams and managers to ensure services are delivered appropriately.
- Monitor team performance to ensure compliance and quality.
- Ensure team members adhere to the highest customer service standards and achieve program goals.
- Collaborate with community partners and agencies.
- Frequent day travel between the Cadillac and Manistee facilities required
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise others
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in computer operations and use of business software
- Knowledge of regional partners and understanding of local labor market
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time salaried position paying $50,000 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.