Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic individual who will lead teams of workforce development professionals at our two American Job Centers in Traverse City and Petoskey. The Service Center Manager plays an active role in the greater Traverse City and Petoskey communities, and supports our regional leadership team.
If you enjoy leading, being part of a professional team, and are a creative and innovative thinker, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions
As a key member of the Northwest Michigan Works! leadership team, the Service Center Manager oversees teams implementing workforce development activities for job seekers and employers in the Northwest Michigan Works! Service Centers.
- Develops and leads high functioning Service Center teams as they work to implement workforce programs.
- Ensures Service Center teams operate effectively and efficiently.
- Recognizes, develops and implements initiatives to increase effectiveness of standard programming and new initiatives.
- Communicates and coordinates with other teams and managers to ensure services are delivered effectively.
- Monitors performance of Service Center teams to ensure compliance and quality.
- Ensures team members adhere to the highest customer service standards and achieve program goals.
- Collaborates with community partners and agencies.
- Identifies and coordinates professional development opportunities for Service Center teams.
- Models and upholds a professional and positive work culture.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading geographically separated teams preferred
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise others
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in computer operations and use of business software
- Knowledge of regional partners and understanding of local labor market
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time salaried position paying $50,000 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.