Peter-Lacke USA is the first U.S. subsidiary of Peter-Lacke GmbH, an international leader of advanced paint systems based in Hiddenhausen, Germany, developing and producing state-of-the art paint systems for substrates such as plastic, glass, wood, and metal for leading companies from the automotive, household appliances and electronics industries for 111 years. For more information on our company, please visit us at www.peter-lacke.com.
This position is responsible for providing Quality Assurance direction for all incoming raw materials and final quality checks for finished products. This person will have responsibility for assisting the laboratory and color marketing as the key individual to submit new technology test packages, new color specification test packages and manage APOPS submissions for external customers. Additionally, this person will be responsible for assisting on laboratory projects and technology transfers as requested to assist the company in meeting annual sales targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing 100% inspection on all incoming raw materials. This responsibility will include establishing departmental procedures starting with test methods, proper filing of results, issuing NCD’s to suppliers for materials not meeting specifications and manage the time materials are received, through QI inspection, recording results in Vision and ensure warehouse material transfers are completed.
- Responsible for completing basic quality control checks for all production finished products, record results in Vision and issue final QC report
- Assist technical with defect analysis. Microscopic evaluation at the minimum is required and work with external testing service to have in depth analysis completed such as IR evaluations. This person will be responsible to build and maintain a defect product library for future reference.
- Responsible to perform internal testing evaluations, as requested to minimize the impact on costs driven by external testing service.
- Responsible for working closely with the laboratory and color marketing to compile, submit, track and review all test packages before presentation to the OEM’s. If questionable results are found this person is responsible for organizing meetings with the proper technical staff to address concerns.
- Identifies opportunities for design and/or cost improvements and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Facilitate effective team interaction, foster teamwork and help create an environment for individual and team success.
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Promote corporate image and enhances customer relations by visiting customers and attend product line trials with as time permits.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures for health and safety.
- Promotes and uses the company quality systems, being familiar with its philosophy and disciplines. This position in the company has the responsibility and authority to prevent the occurrence or re-occurrence of product nonconformity.
- Health, dental, vision, life, STD & LTD insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) plan
BS in Chemistry, excellent organizational skills, excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time