Are you an energetic self-starter who is interested in taking full responsibility for all aspects of a work cell within a small, growing manufacturer? Do you want to join a group of energetic, disciplined, and success-minded people and have the ability to play a vital role in the achievement of the goals and objectives of the business? Are you a take-charge kind of person who likes challenging but meaningful work? Do you get excited about using your skills, experience, and ideas to optimize production? And, are you safety, quality and principle-focused and looking for a company that shares the same values?
Michigan Polymer Reclaim, Inc. is a regional leader in the business of recycling plastics. We
operate a full-service industrial facility in St. Johns, MI, with granulation, washing, and extrusion manufacturing equipment lines that turn plastic scrap into valuable plastic resin. Every day we do our part to save Planet Earth. This is a full-time, first shift position that works four, 10-hour shifts on a rotating schedule that highlights a 4-day weekend every 5 weeks. 1st Shift hours are 7:00a to 5:30p and 3rd Shift hours are 8:45p to 7:15a. The right person in this position will help take us to the next level in our company growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
• Carry out production, inspection, packaging, and machine operation duties
• Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available
• Effectively monitor production equipment
• Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management
• Maintain a safe and clean workspace
• Follow established safety rules and regulations
PHYSICAL ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Shall be comfortable working in both hot and cold environments and being on your feet
for the majority of the work
• Will be exposed to greases, lubricants, detergents, solvents, and other industrial liquids
• Will be exposed to handling and servicing equipment and filters that contain plastic dust
• Will be required to work overtime as required