Tooling Designer (Weld Systems) - Direct Hire
Shelby Twp., Mi
Up to $35/hr
Hours: 6am - 5:30pm, OT offered
Mechanical concept and design of functional machines and tooling utilizing standards, specifications and line up information presented by the Engineering Manager, Supervisor or Leader.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical concept and design based on line up, specifications and part/vehicle data.
- Able to use standard or reference designs for creation of new designs.
- Prepare designs utilizing 2d and 3d CAD.
- Create accurate B.O.M.’s utilizing Made to Manage.
- Able to perform and document basic calculations to verify design integrity, such as beam stress calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial technology used as a tool for creation of designs.
- Knowledge and proper use of materials and commercially available stock.
- Organizing and maintaining CAD files.
- Knowledge and use of company's Standards.
- Knowledge and use of Industry Engineering Standards for construction and clarification of assembly drawing.
- Knowledge and use of Industry Standards for safety and ergonomics.
- Checking experience a plus
Position Summary & Requirements:
- Experience in Mig and or resistance weld machine design preferred.
- Must have AutoCAD knowledge and be experienced in either: Inventor 3D, Mechanical Desktop or SolidWorks
- Looking only for people who want a long-term career in mechanical engineering.
- Team Player who can work within an ISO9001:2000 environment.
Established and growing company offering competitive wages and benefits including:
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement, Healthcare plans, 401K, Bonus eligibility, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability