The ability to perform skilled welding and fabrication of parts, setup, production and assembly in the building of company products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read tape measure
- Knowledge of welders settings, adjustments and overall operation
- Ability to weld parts in various directions: flat, vertical, horizontal and overhead, outside corners, overlap, etc.
- Ability to weld various thickness of plate steel, structural materials, etc.
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat bending, bolting, or grinding parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a satisfactory welded final product
- Operate other accessory equipment and performing tasks necessary for welding such as Oxygen/Acetylene cutting torches, power hand tools, overhead hoists, magnets, etc.
- Control the processes of fitting, burning and welding to avoid problems in relation to overheat, distortion, expansion or shrinking of parts
- Examine finish products to insure they meet specifications required
- Must use proper personal safety equipment (PPE) as required for this position
- Maintain and follow all safety operating procedures
This list is provided to serve as a general guideline for a welding position and is not intended to be all inclusive.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: 2+ years preferred
While preforming the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk, hear, read, write, possess good vision and follow directions with the ability to learn and retain information. Must be able to lift and carry up to approximately 50 pounds. Have the ability to climb, reach, push, pull, stoop, kneel, crouch and bend. Reasonable accommodations can be made.