Provides accurate and quality product to our customers by adhering to specifications and operating in the most cost effective and productive manner while lending support to the line associates in production and packaging areas. Works with complex machines and operates several types of equipment. Performs advanced trouble shooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete Pre-Operational Inspection of area.
- Set-up, operate, troubleshoot, and resolve machine issues according to specifications.
- Keep the line equipment operating in a safely and efficiently.
- Ability to learn and perform all line related positions within area of responsibility in the production and packaging area.
- Ability to follow all equipment cleaning processes (before, during, and after shift).
- Responsible for compliance with specifications.
- Monitor production, efficiency, and product quality.
- Responsible for documentation and record keeping for area (including, but not limited to material receipts and returns, production worksheets, efficiency, & labor standards)Must have basic math skills for forms deemed necessary by the production manager..
- Knowledgeable in GMP’s, OSHA and HACCP.
- Must remain familiar with all pertinent Standard Operating Procedures, and incorporate any changes into the training process.
- Provide feedback to the lead regarding employee relations issues. Back-up lead in his/her absence.
- Gives limited work direction to line associates. Flexibility to train production employees.
- Monitors and motivates team members to achieve their maximum quality and productivity allowing for a successful career.
- Cooperation with R&D on new and existing products.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Works with complex machines and operates several types of equipment.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting.
- Uses tools and completes preventative maintenance tasks.
- Completed training requirements for Machine Operator 2 Program.
- Other duties as assigned.