The Sr. Domain Lead-Rear Seat Infotainment Engineer will lead the development of cutting edge Rear Seat Infotainment System for next generation vehicles. This includes evaluation of feature execution, and issue identification and resolution. The Rear Seat Infotainment Domain Lead Engineer provides technical direction and leadership to engineering support personnel, supplier resident engineers, and suppliers.
- Own the Rear Seat Infotainment domain and act as the subject matter expert
- Lead the specification, development, and implementation of features within this domain
- Lead Product Development Team (PDT) meetings and provide technical direction to PDT members
- Lead issue identification and resolution for this domain
- Create and lead vehicle level test and development programs to evaluate and calibrate the performance of features within this domain
- Create and implement calibration files
- Communicate the status of test, development, issue identification and resolution to leadership
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to personnel in global regions outside North America who work in the Rear Seat Infotainment domain.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to supplier resident engineers who assist with executing test and development programs, issue tracking, root cause identification, and corrective action assessments.
- Develop engineering designs, components, and subsystems
- Develop and implement engineering changes
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Aeronautical Engineering. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive electrical/electronics/software engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of Rear Seat Infotainment system technologies
- Proficient in vehicle data communication systems (CAN, LVDS, LIN, ETHERNET)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- In-depth knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Working knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Statemate, Rhapsody)
- Knowledge of vehicle safety requirements (e.g., FMVSS, etc.)
- Exhibit effective and appropriate oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- Possess a high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and good judgment in decision making
- 5+ years in Software Development Life Cycle such as Systems Engineering, Integration and Testing in related domains.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skill
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information
- Experience in one or more domains critical to infotainment systems, e.g. wireless communication, Navigation, embedded software development, over the air software updates, cybersecurity, client-server solutions, web services, in-vehicle hardware and software development and lifecycle.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with current automotive infotainment systems including Camera, Navigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads
- Hands on experience in resolving security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- Expert knowledge of software development security principles, concepts, and best practices