Lead the development of apps and personalization features systems for next generation vehicles. This includes evaluation of feature execution, and issue identification and resolution. Provides technical direction and leadership to engineering support personnel, supplier resident engineers, and suppliers.
- Own the vehicle application and personalization domain and act as the subject matter expert
- Lead the specification, development, and implementation of features within this domain
- Lead Product Development Team (PDT) meetings and provide technical direction to PDT members
- Lead issue identification and resolution for this domain
- Create and lead vehicle level test and development programs to evaluate and calibrate the performance of features within this domain
- Create and implement calibration files
- Communicate the status of test, development, issue identification and resolution to leadership
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to personnel in global regions outside North America who work in the apps and personalization domain.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and technical direction to supplier resident engineers who assist with executing test and development programs, issue tracking, root cause identification, and corrective action assessments.
- Develop engineering designs, components, and subsystems
- Develop and implement engineering changes
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Aeronautical Engineering. Advanced degrees preferred.
Require Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive electrical/electronics/software engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of mobile application development
- Proficient in vehicle data communication systems (CAN, LVDS, LIN, ETHERNET)
- In-depth knowledge of requirements engineering process (FMEA, DFSS)
- In-depth knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level)
- Working knowledge of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Statemate, Rhapsody)
- Knowledge of vehicle safety requirements (e.g., FMVSS, etc.)
- Exhibit effective and appropriate oral and written communication skills
- Exhibit appropriate interpersonal styles to work effectively with Global business partners to meet mutual goals
- Possess a high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and good judgment in decision making
- 5+ years in Software Development Life Cycle such as Systems Engineering, Integration and testing in related domains.
- Experience in one or more domains critical to infotainment systems, e.g. wireless communication, Navigation, embedded software development, over the air software updates, cybersecurity, client-server solutions, web services, in-vehicle hardware and software development and lifecycle.
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skill
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working with current automotive infotainment systems including Camera, Navigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads
- Expert knowledge of software development security principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Hands on experience in resolving security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software.