Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for safely transporting goods from fulfillment center to delivery locations by following prescribed routes. Perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Inspect vehicle for defects before, during and after trips; submit reports indicating truck condition
- Check refrigeration unit for malfunctions
- Safely and efficiently deliver, load and unload merchandise at delivery locations
- Maintain a commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated
- Follow prescribed routing to meet scheduled delivery times.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental engineered labor and safety standards
- Adhere to all federal, state, corporate and departmental safety standards
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years
- Must have a Valid Driver's license
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to travel independently
- Ability to work varied schedule as needs of business require
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, push/pull and lift
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, verbal or diagram form
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery and/or special tools: refrigeration units, and dollies, electric or manual pallet jacks
Desired Previous Experience/Education
- Verifiable driving experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.