The Grind Coffee House is looking to add a Barista to their team. This position is 20 hours/week with the opportunity for more between 7:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. daily.
This role is responsible for preparing coffee shop beverages and food, operating cash register and receiving payment in a timely and efficient manner while displaying courteous customer service. Good customer service, communication skills, ability to interact politely, and effectively with customers is required.
- Prepare coffee shop beverages; brew, mix and/or blend beverages according to set standards.
- Prepare items according to procedures.
- Ensure food and beverages are handled in a safe manner and according to established guidelines, and work is completed in a clean work environment.
- Operate cash register to itemize customer purchases and process payments including, but not limited to, cash, checks, credit cards, gift certificates, coupons, etc.
- Stock items and rotate deli items and merchandise displays.
- Maintain understanding of current store programs and product locations.
- Understand use of check-stand equipment (i.e., register) and coffee shop equipment and its efficient operation.
- Comply with Company policies regarding security, cash handling/cash drawer accounting procedures, product handling (i.e., damaged/spoiled products), etc.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked department; ensure the department complies with Company safety and sanitation procedures and standards.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
* Wages are competitive*