Service Provider will carry out the physical therapy requirements of the child’s IEP/IFSP as designated by the IEP/IFSP Team. Develop and maintain a schedule of student contacts consistent with the IEP/IFSP requirements which will be available to instructional and administrative personnel. Utilize co-teaching techniques within the classroom or home setting as a means of transferring recommended treatment programs from the therapist to classroom personnel, parents, or care providers. Maintain adequate records, progress monitoring, and assessment data to be used by the IEP/IFSP Team in planning for the needs of the student. Obtain and maintain on file a written prescription from a physician that states the parameters of treatment and habilitation for each eligible student.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying students with disabilities.
- Knowledge of Special Education law.
- Experience in consultation strategies and working with community agencies.
- Experience in assessment, data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Experience in administering and interpreting a variety of assessments.
- Experience in developing academic and behavioral interventions.
- Background in learning and behavior management.
- Experience in leading problem-solving teams through data-based decision-making.
- Experience with training and monitoring the implementation of a variety of research-based intervention programs.
- Ability to clearly express ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations for determining special education eligibility.
- Complete all evaluation reports in a timely manner consistent with the DSISD process and procedural mandates.
- Serve as a member of the Multidisciplinary Diagnostic Team, providing supportive assessment data and consultation to team members and case management as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare and interpret social or developmental histories and assessments and also obtain parent/guardian input for the assessment process.
- Utilize a variety of assessments to determine the need for special education services.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of information and data in oral and written reports. Interpret diagnostic findings to parents.
- Provide appropriate recipient parties with all written reports completed as a part of the referral/diagnostic process.
- Assist parents in the understanding of decisions, procedures, and other questions of concern affecting their children in the IEP/IFSP Team process.
- Participate in Individualized Educational Planning Team meetings, write and maintain specific measurable IEP/IFSP goals and objectives, and assist with the development of other IEP/IFSP goals and objectives.
- Provide Special Education administration with the necessary information required for monitoring activities.
- Attend, upon request, weekly scheduled student staffing meetings.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Regular attendance at scheduled department/discipline meetings.
- Complete and send home progress reports.
- Maintain ongoing contact with parents to assist them in the development of a realistic understanding of their child’s abilities, progress, and future goals.
- Provide recommendations for educational interventions to assist classroom personnel with student learning, achievement, and behavior.
- Active member of creating, reviewing, analyzing, and revising implementation plans and interventions.
- Use data-based decision-making to lead a problem-solving model in dealing with student academic and behavioral concerns.
- Consult with principals, staff members, and parents/guardians to assist students in making academic progress.
- Ability to develop and maintain acceptable relationships with school staff.
- Required to travel throughout Delta and Schoolcraft counties to service our local school districts and PSA.
- Complete timely service logs for all Medicaid eligible students on your caseload into the ISE system (if so assigned by the department administration).
- Maintain and submit monthly service/activity log.
- Maintain working files for caseload, including test protocol information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director or Supervisor of Special Education.
Physical Therapy Interns
- Meet with university personnel to establish procedures for internship.
- Develop contracts with interns identifying expectations and activities to be accomplished during the internship.
- Provide midterm and final evaluation data as requested by the university.
- Develop and implement in-service training programs in areas of interest and expertise.
- Actively keep abreast of current research and innovative techniques through educational journals, workshops, conferences, and other professional readings and activities.
Coordination of Physician Medical Scripts
- Schedule monthly physician consults with DSISD contracted physician.
- Coordinate and schedule monthly physician consults with local district representatives (nurses, teachers, principals, therapists, etc.)
- Present and review all therapy goals and objectives to DSISD contracted physician (speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy) for physician signature per Medicaid guidelines.