Plant Superintendent - Corrugated Box Plant - 053404
Georgia-Pacific at Milan, MI is seeking a Plant Superintendent to lead our corrugated supervisors and team members. We are seeking a dynamic leader to share their knowledge and help the team to meet safety, quality, and delivery goals. The Superintendent will lead salaried supervisors and non-union hourly employees to work injury/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment, creating a culture consistent with Market-Based Management (MBM®).
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations. There will be development and promotional opportunities for candidates that are mobile and motivated.
If you are not familiar with the Corrugated Industry, check out these videos:
Georgia-Pacific: How Corrugated Boxes are Made
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Creating a culture where employees address unsafe conditions, unsafe
behaviors and participate and make suggestions for improvement.
* Driving our Market Based Management (MBM®) culture.
* Driving adherence to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts, including the
identification of safety gaps and initiation of corrective actions.
* Managing salaried supervisors; appraising performance and providing feedback as needed; assisting with complaint resolution; communicate opportunities, issues and results on a daily basis.Leading the drive for improvement in operational areas such as compliance, reliability, costs, quality, and housekeeping.
* Utilizing all available resources to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
* Ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
* Leading and tracking continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure; follow up as required.
* Identifying repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
* Working to accelerate employee training, understanding, and verification processes for the various plant systems, i.e. CTS, IQS, KIWI Scheduling, PCS Feedback, and BVP.
* Enhancing operational effectiveness by measuring production efficiencies, analyzing and solving machine downtime causes, eliminating waste,maintaining budgetary raw material usages, performing root cause analysis, production scheduling, and establishing standard operating procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran