Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Deli Associate for our Clinton Twp location.
- Slice, weigh, package and label deli meats and cheeses per customer request.
- Assist customers with all orders and/or questions about products available in the deli providing samples as needed.
- Greet all customers and provide them prompt, courteous and excellent service.
- Operate slicers and all authorized equipment according to company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Properly handle, stock, prepare and display all deli products products.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company grooming and dress standards.
- Maintain knowledge of store lay out in order to assist customers in locating products.
- Maintain knowledge of the quality standards, prices, varieties, preparation methods, etc. of the various products/food products that are available in the department.
- Handle any damaged and/or spoiled product according to company and department guidelines and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety and sanitation policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook, postings, and manuals, etc.
- Comply with all state, county and local weights and measures laws and labeling requirements.
- Notify management immediately of any safety or equipment issues or violations.
- Assist in training associates when necessary.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to use knives, box cutters, slicers*, etc. (*Must be 18 years old to use slicers).
- Ability to work consistently in a 45° to 50º environment.
- Ability to count, separate and weigh all types of deli products.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Employee discount
- 401K match