Are you looking to jump start YOUR hospitality career? Are you interested in Housekeeping? Apply now to join our team at the Holiday Inn Express in Rochester Hills!! We are looking for part-time Housekeepers to join us today!!
Please apply at the following link: https://www.amerilodgegroup.com/job/1456/
Housekeeping is what gives hotels the "wow" factor. It's the moment that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their bedrooms and think "wow, this looks wonderful.”To deliver a great guest experience, a Room Attendant will clean and service guest rooms so everything is spotless and prepared for guests.
High School Diploma or GED required. Previous hospitality experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to provide a lasting first impression filled with the highest quality of service.
- Must be able to ensure that all public areas are cleaned to standard, anticipating guest(s)needs, and exceeding expectation.
- Must be able to work alone as well as being a team member to reach the team’s common goals.
- Must be able to speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company handbook. Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times. Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guess according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, folding terry, dusting, and vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash/dirty linen/room service items, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, cups, glasses, silverware, PTAC filters, etc.
- Clean guestrooms to standards in allocated time frame (meeting required MPOR)
- Effectively operate and maintain (ex: clean and preventative maintenance) the hotel equipment related to daily tasks, examples of, but not limited to vacuums, carpet cleaners, telephones and televisions. Do not use unsafe defective equipment and report it to management immediately.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room locations, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
- Handle guest lost and found with fast response, notifying the front desk immediately to assure fast communication to the guest when possible.
- Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Follow established safe procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees. Report any injuries or unsafe conditions to the person-in-charge immediately.
- Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and take action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Be aware of cleaning chemicals and how to respond to unexpected exposure of the product to eyes or open body services.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May have turn down duties.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Must successfully complete training related to assigned position and role.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located within building in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Must be able to move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Must be able to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces. Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Must be able to grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.