A growing injection molding company is in search of a full-time, experienced Product Development Engineer with a proven track record of being successful. The right candidate must demonstrate an eagerness to grow with a world class organization.
Serve primary responsibility for project development of assigned company and customer programs from concept to production. Technical translation of customer needs into product design and manufacturing specifications. Execution of engineering tasks and facilitation of program activities within timing and budget constraints.
- New Program Job Functions:
- Support quoting meetings through surface area and volume calculations, preliminary BOM's, material recommendations, molding productivity;
- Provide engineering analysis as required (FEA, static and dynamic analysis, tolerance analysis (GD&T), prototype, test and development);
- Select preliminary purchased parts to support total design;
- Provide support for tooling and manufacturing engineering.
- Develop Value Equations with Business Development Managers to show the benefits of RRI systems
- Actively participate and lead Innovation activities including developing new ideas and concepts and managing new system validation and integration
· Develop & implement lean product development processes and practices, agile methodologies preferred.
· Support & lead structured problem-solving and root cause analysis teams. ie DMAIC, 5 Why, etc.
· Create & direct engineering concepts and designs through clear and concise communication to be developed through the internal design group.
· Provide technical assistance in face-to-face customer meetings and translate customer needs into product and manufacturing specifications.
· Lead and guide the organization in technology innovation to support market needs
· Follow customer focused product develop through Design Inputs (QFD), Design FMEA's, design verification, and support of APQP requirements to meet complete customer satisfaction.
· Assist in early production trials of new tooling programs, providing direction, deviations, general support.
· Support quality systems and operating procedures as outlined in the Quality Assurance Manual and Department Work Instructions.
- B.S. in an accredited engineering program and 5 to 10 years related experience (CAD, BOM), AND has gained management's confidence of individual's grasp of technical matters, and of individual's ability and willingness to provide assistance to lesser experienced fellow team members.
- Plastic processing and design knowledge is a must.
- Plastic Mold and tooling design experience desired, but not required.
About Romeo RIM:
Romeo RIM, a leading supplier to the automotive industry for over three decades, designs and manufactures highly engineered, plastic injection-molded components. Located in Romeo, MI, we are a full service provider of value added design and the highest quality solutions. We are built on a foundation of service excellence offering our customers world-class full service design, engineering, manufacturing and quality control capabilities.
Romeo RIM utilizes a variety of custom and standard materials in the following areas:
Reaction Injection Molding (RIM) Long Fiber Technology (LFT) In-Mold Paint (IMP) Compression Molding (SMC) Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) Post Applied Paint
Romeo RIM offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including: Medical Dental Vision 401K with company match Tuition Reimbursement EAP and much more!
Application Process: To be part of a rapidly growing company that offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions, we invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration. Please ensure that your resume reflects a detailed account of your skills as they relate to the requirements of this position. We are looking for candidates with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.