The Lansing Police Department is seeking qualified and experienced candidates to fill a full-time Radio Technician vacancy. This position services various electronic equipment including two-way radios, and builds, installs, repairs, and maintains computer, video and radio systems within police department vehicles throughout the City. This is a great opportunity for those seeking a career in the law enforcement environment to join a small team of technicians providing the technology that enable officers to protect and serve the City. The City of Lansing offers a competitive wage and benefit package including medical, vision, dental, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Must possess a FCC General Radiotelephone Operator License OR be able to obtain within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Must pass Background Check and LEIN/fingerprints; CANDIDATE(S) IS SUBJECT TO A COMPLETE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Two (2) years of college OR an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or a related field;
- AND three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS INLCUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Designs, lays-out and builds installations for various electronic equipment and needed accessories.
- Inspects, troubleshoots and repairs a wide range of electronic equipment to the component level.
- Repairs microprocessor based products and lead-in equipment.
- Operates a wide range of radios and other communications equipment.
- Trains personnel in the proper use of issued equipment.
- Responds to requests for emergency repairs as needed.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Attach resume and cover letter, relevant verification of education (college courses/degree), and/or licenses with application.
The City of Lansing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Veteran Friendly Employer.
The City of Lansing provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, or during employment, notify the Department of Human Resources at (517) 483-4004. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.