Production Supervisor (Converting) - 2nd Shift - 052844
Production Supervisor (Converting) - 2nd Shift
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team in Milan, Michigan. This will be a 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) position supporting our converting department. The ideal candidate will be self-driven individuals with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Provide leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality.
* Strictly adhere to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
* Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
* Responsibility for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ensure minimum quality expectations are followed and met on a daily basis.
* Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine centers.
* Address key issues and concerns and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
* Identify repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for completion; follow up as required.
* Track continuous improvement opportunities where performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap closure.
* Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
* Exemplify and advance Market Based Management (MBM®).
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.