Nino Salvaggio is currently looking for a Cashier for our Troy location.
- Process all customer sales transactions in a professional manner with speed and accuracy.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Handle all customers in a pleasant and tactful manner.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company grooming and dress standards.
- Assist customers with bulk products that they may have difficulty handling.
- Receive and process customer payment by cash, check, credit card, debit, gift certificates or EFT, issuing receipts and change when necessary.
- Bag and package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
- Follow all established company alcohol sales guidelines as well as all federal, local, county and state ordinances.
- Attend and pass the Responsible Alcohol Sales training and retraining classes.
- Assist customers in locating products.
- Handle all return to stock items appropriately, ensuring that perishable items are returned promptly.
- Ability to assist in training associates when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Previous cash handling experience, preferred.
- Previous customer service experience, required.
- Ability to properly manage all monies and payments tendered for recorded transactions.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for 8 or more hour periods.
- Must be able to regularly bend, lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently bend, lift and/or move 30 pounds.
- 401K match
- Employee discount
Hourly rate applies to applicants 18 years of age and older.