Qualifications: Ability to work independently and with other personnel, professional appearance, strong organizational skills, mechanical aptitude or experience, ability to build rapport and deal with customers, own tools for working, computer literacy helpful. Must meet physical requirements of job. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Primary Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for performing the general maintenance and repairs to patient-owned or Company-rented durable medical equipment. The department is also responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of returned rental equipment before it is re-rented to patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Assessment, repair, and maintenance of durable medical equipment.
2) Consult with department manager regarding uncertain repairs.
3) Fill-in for on-the-road technicians when necessary.
4) Maintain a working relationship with delivery and warehouse personnel.
5) Handling of after-hour emergency repairs.
6) Assist in building maintenance as needed.
7) Consult with manager on ordering of parts.
8) Clean and maintain returned equipment – comply with accreditation standards.
9) Assist manager/other technicians with repairs.
10) Any other related duties as assigned by manager.