SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Signal & Power Solutions segment, Electrical Distribution Systems business group and is located in Troy, MI.
We are seeking a Design Release Engineer that will be responsible for wiring assembly product development for a full service supplier program for our customer.
- Design/development of vehicle Electrical Distribution Systems (EDS) wiring.
- Work with Aptiv resources to get cost/timing for changes and act as point of contact internally and with customer to report these back through customer change control meetings.
- Manage relationship with engineering customer and be decisive interface for design and development of signal and power systems.
- Provide onsite vehicle build support as required.
- Drive closure to Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and product development issues with the customer.
- Work with customer to accomplish continuous improvement targets such as warranty and cost reduction.
- Ensure Bill of Design (BOD) and Bill of Process (BOP) compliance.
- Apply new products and engineering that adds value to our customer and establishes a barrier for our competition.
- Risk Management; identify, mitigate, and escalate risk as required to complete objectives.
- Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline (electrical, systems, computer science, software, computer or related field of study).
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as a DRE.
- Willingness to learn, must be flexible and open for change.
- Strong multi-functional work experience (engineering/commercial/program management).
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Electrical wiring (harness) experience.
- Experience supporting multiple vehicle launches.
- Knowledge of WERS system.
- Automotive electrical distribution system design release engineering experience.
- Teamcenter Vismockup and/or Zuken experience.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers.
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.
About Signal & Power Solutions:
Signal & Power Solutions leverages our heritage as a global architecture provider and systems integrator to deliver the high speed data and electrical power distribution systems required for feature rich, highly automated vehicles.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.