STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
REPORTS TO: Facilities Supervisor
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The maintenance technician will assist in all aspects of the Facilities Department.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform grounds maintenance work.
- Assemble modular furniture.
- Perform painting and carpentry duties.
- Perform minor plumbing and electrical work.
- Responsible for receiving deliveries.
- Perform snow removal on college properties.
- Drive college vehicles to perform work tasks.
- Operate basic equipment.
- Assist in events set-up and tear-down, move furniture and equipment.
- Assist with on campus mail delivery function.
- Perform additional duties as assigned per supervisor.
- High school education required, some college preferred.
- One to three years of maintenance work experience required; institution or education maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with computers, email, and database entry highly desired.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail in performing work.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform work independently.
- Above average interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to climb ladders.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime and on weekends.
- Must be reliable, dependable, punctual and have a good attendance record.
SALARY & FRINGE BENEFITS: Competitive wage and fringe benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit a resume or cover letter to:
ABOUT CCS: College for Creative Studies is a nonprofit institution; it is one of the leading art and design colleges in the world. CCS is ranked by LinkedIn as a top three design school in the US and the best in the Midwest, based on alumni success. CCS has state-of-the-art facilities to support the complete range of creative production, from traditional art forms such as painting, glassblowing, foundry, and printmaking, to the most contemporary systems, including the latest digital imaging technology and extensive rapid protyping output tools. The College currently enrolls more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 13 majors: Advertising Copywriting, Advertising Design, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Art Education, Fashion Accessories Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design, and Transportation Design. It also offers a Master of Fine Arts in four majors: Color and Materials Design, Interaction Design, Integrated Design, and Transportation Design.
The College for Creative Studies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, , orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.