Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Previous housekeeping experience preferred, but training will be provided.
Knowledge: Previous commercial cleaning knowledge preferred.
Skills & Abilities: Must be able to work within time constraints under pressure in a physically demanding, fast paced environment. Must be self-motivated and have good public relation skills. Must be an active team player and demonstrate supportive behaviors towards peers and superiors.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Commercial and non-commercial carpet machines, vacuum cleaners, tile scrubbers, air compressors, commercial washers/dryers/ironers, FDU machine, computer, printer and interactive radios.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In an 8-hour shift, this employee will have the following physical demands placed upon them:
• Stand/walk for 7 hours of an 8-hour shift.
• Sit for 2 hours of an 8-hour shift.
• Lift and carry up to 40 pounds frequently, during shift.
• Move dressers and flip mattresses occasionally without assistance.
• Must be able to push/pull a fully loaded supply cart up to 40 pounds.
• Must be able to wear non-latex gloves for the cleaning rooms.
• Must be able to use both hands for repetitive motions during shift performing simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
• Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, reach, crawl, twist, and rotate continuously during shift.
Must be able to work with the following cleaners:
Chlorine, acid, alkaline, alcohol, petroleum, chloride, and ammonia based products, flammable aerosols, spa/whirlpool cleaner, solvents and bleach.