Road Warrior Truck Driving School located in Gaylord, Michigan is looking for a CDL Instructor.
We are located in the Northern Lower Peninsula of Michigan, we provide full-service Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A unrestricted license instruction. It is the mission of Road Warrior Truck Driving School Inc to graduate the most competent, safety-minded, professional drivers the industry has to offer.
Work environment: This position involves indoor classroom instruction as well as outside work in any weather environment or condition. Courses are presented Monday through Friday in small class sizes for a more personalized training experience and behind-the-wheel drive time. Classes are 120 hour, 3-week courses consisting of 1 week in the classroom followed by 2 weeks of hands-on and behind-the-wheel driving experience. It could require occasional evening or weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Provide training/instruction to a cross section of diverse students in a semi-formal setting
- 2. Maintain all training paperwork as required by the State of Michigan
- 3. Comply with company policies and federal, state, and local regulations
- 4. Demonstrate professionalism in manner, communication, and presentation
- 5. Abide by and enforce School rules and policies
- 6. Adhere to approved School classroom curriculum and standards established by senior instructors
- 7. Instruction times will be conducted in the classroom, yard, garage, off-campus driving situations
- 8. Ability to work independently without supervision
- 9. Monitor all students progress for unsatisfactory performance or issues that warrant discussion
- 10. Maintain a professional work attitude
- 11. Any other assigned duties Preferred: Already possess or be able to qualify for a Michigan Driver's Education Instructor Certificate in Truck Driver Training from the State of Michigan.
Requirements: For this position, you must already possess a valid CDL Class A unrestricted license with a minimum of 10 years verifiable CDL Class A driving experience.
- 1. Preferred experience teaching or presenting information in a classroom setting
- 2. Have a valid MDOT Medical Card
- 3. Have excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- 4. Maintain a good driving record
- 5. Have general knowledge of heavy duty trucks
- 6. Ability to learn new tasks and procedures
- 1. Cover all areas of instruction according to approved curriculum
- 2. Pre-Trip Inspections
- 3. Straight line backing
- 4. Off-set backing
- 5. 90 Degree backing
- 6. Shifting manual transmissions up and down
- 7. Lane centering, lane changes
- 8. Freeway driving
- 9. Town driving
- 10. Performing right and left turns
- 11. Hazard perception
- 12. Maintain student attendance and driving logs
- 13. Provide remediation training
- 14. Other duties as assigned
- 1. Ability to sit, stand, drive, and walk during an 8 hour shift
- 2. On occasion be able to work more than 8 hours in one day
- 3. Able to speak clearly, legibly, and accurately to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to students
Compensation: Based on experience and educational background.