The Research Administration office at the College of Pharmacy has recently been restructured to bring pre- and post-award service together again for a full-service research administration experience for PIs under the direction of Sheree Temple, Research Administration Senior Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious and experienced Research Administrator to work closely and proactively with faculty and others to manage and submit research grant proposals as well as negotiate contract terms with external sponsors.
The focus of this position is pre-award related activities in addition to coordinating with post-award colleagues to prepare progress reports and other ad-hoc award activity. You will report directly to the Research Administration Senior Manager for the College of Pharmacy, and will be joining a team in a supportive, positive environment that fosters teamwork and continuous growth for all. The College of Pharmacy offers opportunities for advancement, and the University of Michigan provides excellent benefits, including health, dental, and retirement, among many others.
- Handle pre-award activities including budget development and justifications for a variety of funding agencies ensuring all institution and sponsor policies and guidelines are followed.
- Meet with faculty to advise, coordinate, and compile proposal documents needed for the successful submissions of grants and contracts.
- Prepare proposals with complex elements such as cost-sharing.
- Develops, negotiates, and maintains subcontracts under prime contracts and/or awards.
- Prepare Material Transfer Forms, Unfunded Agreements, Non-Disclosure, and other forms of agreements.
- Participate in the renewal of recharge rates for the college’s 3 service cores.
- Data entry into various databases pertinent to the college and university.
- Serve as liaison for faculty with sponsor and university central offices.
- Participate in continuous process improvement efforts for Research Administration.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Associate Level: 1-3 years of progressive experience in research administration
- Intermediate Level: 3-5 years of progressive experience in research administration
- Senior Level: 5-7 years of extensive experience in research administration, along with multiple external sponsor experience.
- Experience managing a high volume of proposals independently.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems with the ability to follow unit specific procedures.
- Ability to think strategically and see how various pieces fit into the big picture.
- Ability to interpret regulations and guidelines of multiple programs funding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF applications.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.