SCOPE OF POSITION:
Performs digital design and manages creative projects, including but not limited to, print ads, brochures, website, billboards, animated LCD displays and highly visible digital billboard from concept to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Layouts, typestyles, and designs visual solutions for communication vehicles supporting external and internal marketing campaigns and communications by utilizing current graphic and design software.
- Implements the design and production of marketing projects in support of indoor and outdoor Marketing programs and events.
- Assists Senior Marketing Manager and Advertising Supervisor in developing print, design and brand specifications.
- Communicates with outside printers and vendors for specific project deliverables; checks printing proofs, attends and art directs photo shoots.
- Develops, enhances and maintains in-house digital marketing system.
- Manages development, production and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support marketing programs.
- Communicates ideas visually, verbally, and in writing to various audiences.
- Adapts to changing consumer tastes by being well read, open to new ideas and influences, and quick to react to changing trends.
- Keeps abreast of recent developments in the graphic arts field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals using a personal graphics style that is professional.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
Associates degree in Graphic Design or related field from an accredited college or university. Three years’ experience in graphic design/print production with animated digital content creation. Proficient in the following or equivalents (PC or Mac): Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Flash, CSS, Dream Weaver, Microsoft Office, Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects. A portfolio and list of pertinent URLs is required. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Basic accounting knowledge. Must possess a working knowledge of advanced marketing principles, and be capable of applying same to various special projects and player development events.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Previous marketing experience in the gaming industry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reportsand correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Date Posted: 12/19/2017
Job Code: GraphicArtist
Location: FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Address: 11177 Michigan Ave
City: Battle Creek
Country: United States of America