Mechanic/Maintenance wanted for a new Recycling Facility
$2,000 sign on bonus
$30 - 35 / hour starting wage
Do you have an entrepreneurial drive? Are you looking for the opportunity to work beyond the X’s and O’s…, to grow, to show your stuff and get credit for it? Then make Emterra Environmental USA your career destination! This position will have a long-term career opportunity, not just a job.
We operate with an extremely successful decentralized business model that empowers our Team to be strategic business partners with Operations. We work hard… and play even harder!
We are searching for an ambitious mechanic / maintenance personnel to look after our high-tech recycling plant at Lansing, MI. This is a highly visible position designed to ready you for promotion to supervisor roles or for other opportunities that may arise across the company.
Renumerations / Benefits:
- Competitive wage
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, up to 4 weeks
- 401K with employer match
- Tool allowance
- Maintain, troubleshoot, oversee, and repair electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation;
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for all equipment consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Maintain proper schedules and records for all maintenance activities;
- Manage inventory levels of critical replacement parts in a cost-effective and efficient manner;
- Provide guidance and direction of work assignments for your subordinates; and
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and professionals serving the company or property.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ hands on experience in a plant/manufacturing facility,
- Has supervisory experience is an asset
- Previous work experience with conveyor systems, balers, and compaction equipment.
- Must be able to work proactively and take initiative on plant projects;
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
- Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility is an asset.
This job is a job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Full-time