Express Employment Professionals of Brighton is assisting a local company in need of a 3rd Shift Injection Molding Leader.
You will train on 1st shift 6:30am-3:00pm, for a couple weeks and move to 3rd shift.
3rd Shift 10:30pm – 7:00am
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Process/troubleshoot injection molding machines.
· Perform tool tryout, including all phases of setup.
· Help direct and supervise staff.
· Ensure proper setting of Mold for best cycle time, including water tight fittings and hoses, hydraulics, knockout rods, and clamps.
· Review tooling and perform tool repair, including preventive maintenance.
· Support the company’s Mission Statement, Quality Policy, Corporate Values, and Guiding Principles.
· Must perform effectively in a team environment.
· Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping practices in all areas.
· Responsible for using all machines and hand tools in a safe manner.
· Responsible for using worktime efficiently.
· Ensure proper materials are being used as specified by product to be run.
· Process press until a first piece approval is signed by Quality Control.
· Set up operators with proper packaging, correct prints, and current release number.
· Accurately and promptly report all production daily.
· Promptly report all Quality, Safety, and Production issues to the Molding Manager.
· Participation in job related training programs as required.
· Other production duties throughout the facility as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required. Molding press operation knowledge and experience is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Able to read, comprehend and follow simple oral and written instructions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using basic mathematical skills. Able to read a tape measure accurately.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Mechanical ability required. Able to work well with hands. Blueprint reading ability a plus. Individual must demonstrate adaptability to change. Must have excellent communication skills. Must be able to work overtime and off-shifts when needed.
REASONING ABILITY: The ability to solve practical problems in situations where moderate standardization is used. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for above average periods. An above-average amount of reaching and bending is required.
· Above average lifting is required - up to 50 pounds.
· The employee is regularly required to hear and see. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The temperature level is variable with outside weather conditions.