When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Haworth’s Internship Program:
Haworth has a formalized intern program where you are part of a group of cross functional interns learning about the entire scope of business with weekly knowledge series events. You will be paired with a senior level professional in your area of the business. You will have responsibility for specific projects with goals, daily tasks, attending meetings and providing departmental support.
Take your first steps towards an exciting career! Join an innovative global organization where you can use your talents to the fullest! HAWORTH - a family owned company that values diversity and inclusion. A global leader in the sustainable design and manufacture of organic workspaces. We are leaders in office furniture and architectural interiors. Join a company that values innovation, sustainability, and you!
We are currently looking for a paid Industrial Design Intern to work at our Holland headquarters. As an Industrial Design Intern you will be responsible for:
- Participate in research, design concepts and prototyping efforts.
- Sketching and idea generation.
- Model making, rendering and CAD development.
- Assist Industrial Design team with establishing and evaluating design concepts for manufactured products.
- Other project work as assigned.
- Current fulltime college student working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design with a junior or senior level status by Fall of 2017.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0.
- Excellent communication, coordination, research and implementation skills required.
- Sketch and rendering skills with knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3D applications, Alias, AutoCAD or similar software programs.
- Model building experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Requires current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Requires job seeker to be able to work in Holland, MI without relocation or housing assistance.