Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Systems Engineer II works in cooperation with IT, Production, and various other business teams to gather requirements, design, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain business software and operational systems, in support of Pridgeon & Clay's global manufacturing operation. A Systems Engineer II performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the company's software and systems performance meets company and user satisfaction. A Systems Engineer II also provides information, and recommendations regarding system configurations and installations. Able to perform tasks with minimal supervision. Needed guidance and direction is provided by the senior technical staff.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- 4 Year college degree in a computer-related field with a minimum of three years IT industry experience required.
- Working knowledge of enterprise systems including VMWare vSphere, Windows Server, and Active Directory.
- Experience with Email server and/or SQL database administration.
- Experience with Server patch and update management.
- Experience with Client / Server Software Packaging and Deployment.
- Experience with VDI including Citrix and VMware Horizon.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills to resolve complex tactical, technical, and business related issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a global enterprise business environment.
- Availability to respond to needs of the end user for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions as required.
- Demonstrated growth potential, by having achieved previously established goals, learning new skills, and proven strategic thinking.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience/ Understanding of Service Delivery and ITIL Methodologies.
- Microsoft Exchange experience.
- Experience managing Linux Operating Systems.
- Extensive Microsoft SQL experience maintaining and optimizing databases.
- Microsoft System Center experience.
- Current MCSE certification, or other systems related certifications.
- Cisco networking experience.
- Experience managing and deploying information assets including cell phones in a corporate setting. (example using Meraki, CISCO IoS)
- Basic programming/scripting knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience working in cross functional teams using agile methodologies.
- Scope, deploy, implement and manage necessary system to support critical business functions.
- Support keeping business critical systems on current software releases, while managing server patching and updates.
- Manage and monitor installed systems, and ensure highest level of system and server availability for business critical applications.
- Manage Active Directory Administration.
- Manage Client and Server Application deployment and patching.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the enterprise server environments including a basic understanding of IP networking.
- Implement system automations in order to streamline daily activities.
- Collaborates with other professionals in IT and around the business to ensure the business is being supported in the most effective way possible.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DHCP, & DNS.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of software applications, and virtual systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Support the administration of systems and servers related to systems to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Maintain multi-site systems and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance within both private and public facilities.
- Successfully engage in 1-2 project initiatives simultaneously and support business case creation as needed.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze and understand infrastructure/operational needs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, assemble high-level information into details,
- Abstract and synthesize from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests/desires from the underlying true business needs/requirements.
- Consistently contribute to the success of the cross-functional SCRUM team and co-worker's objectives.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the necessary hours to perform assigned tasks.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area and department.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner. Perform any other activities as directed by the Information Technology leadership.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect. Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Ownership, We Can If..., Safety) daily, through thoughts and actions.
- Utilize prior experience with enterprise-wide system architecture to define and change current methodologies.
- Continually work to achieve business objectives and meet the assigned objectives.
- Continually work to achieve individual objectives that improve skills and capability.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
A positive work/life balance
An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within