Plant Superintendent - Corrugated Box Plant - 051718
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Creating a culture where employees address unsafe conditions, unsafe
behaviors and participate and make suggestions for improvement.
* Driving our Market Based Management (MBM®) culture.
* Driving adherence to plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts, including the
identification of safety gaps and initiation of corrective actions.
* Managing salaried supervisors; appraising performance and providing feedback
as needed; assisting with complaint resolution; communicate opportunities,
issues and results on a daily basis.Leading the drive for improvement in
operational areas such as compliance, reliability, costs, quality, and
* Utilizing all available resources to ensure product meets or exceeds customer
* Ensuring best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at
* Leading and tracking continuous improvement opportunities where
performance issues are apparent and provide leadership/action plans for gap
closure; follow up as required.
* Identifying repairs needed at machine centers and create work requests for
completion; follow up as required.
* Working to accelerate employee training, understanding, and verification processes for the various plant systems, i.e. CTS, IQS, KIWI Scheduling, PCS
Feedback, and BVP.
* Enhancing operational effectiveness by measuring production efficiencies,
analyzing and solving machine downtime causes, eliminating waste,
maintaining budgetary raw material usages, performing root cause analysis,
production scheduling, and establishing standard operating procedures.
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.