Designs and implements software for automotive end of line vehicle testing machines. Actively participates in the development and the field support of these machines, worldwide.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming real-time/multitasking control software in Microsoft’s .Net Framework (Visual Basic preferred)
- In-vehicle network experience such as CAN, LIN, or KWORD 2000
- Troubleshoot software and hardware systems in the lab and in the field. Communicate with customers and management to define requirements and resolve functionality or schedule conflicts
- Document code and manuals to ease software maintenance
- Supports new equipment and equipment-installed base by providing on line support or on location support throughout the world
- Understanding of electronic and computer hardware systems, and the ability to use this knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and advise others
- Solid experience in the programming of serial and network communication interfaces (RS 232/422, Ethernet)
- Familiarity with Windows programming
- Object oriented programming experience
- Modify and maintain software upgrades
- Has a good understanding of mechanisms and mechanical components
- Travel as needed (20% - 30% and possible international travel)
- Fundamental PLC skills would be considered a plus
- Participate in periodic design reviews.
- Participate in job close-out meetings.
- Participate in and/or lead activities that promote continuous improvements.
- Participate in and/or lead activities that create a safe working environment.
- Advance and weekly business travel plans.
- Weekly expense tracking reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (concentration in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred)
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Is thoughtful and respects others.
- Handles pressure with a positive attitude.
- Willing and able to travel as needed.
- Can work in multicultural environments.
- Analytical ability to decipher manufacturing processes.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS-Project.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Exercise team effort to achieve success.
- Respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pride in company and concern for corporate image.
- General house keeping of work areas.