SPECIFIC DUTIES & ELEMENTS:
Support program launch and APQP process for Quality Department.
- Participate in program launch meetings.
- Complete assigned areas of APQP checklist.
- Manage APQP activities identified on the quality checklist.
- Submit PPAP to customers.
- Complete online PPAP submissions using GM GQTS, Ford VPP and Chrysler CQMS.
- Request PPAP from suppliers.
- Spearhead the gage review process and development of inspection tools for the floor.
- Manage and submit IMDS for plant.
Maintain control system documents (Control plans and all documents needed to execute the control plans).
- Develop new control system documents as required.
- Revise existing control system documents as needed per customer request, internal process improvements, or resulting from corrective action efforts.
- Assure documents are maintained under proper document control.
- Train operational personnel on use of control system documents.
- Monitor and take action to assure the effective use of control system documents.
Lead corrective action efforts for customer quality complaints, internally identified quality issues and supplier issues.
- Lead assigned corrective action efforts.
- Document corrective action effort.
- Certify product to establish clean point to customer and monitor corrected product for specified time period.
- Answer customer complaints using customer required formats and systems including GM GQTS, Chrysler E Supplier Connect Non-Conformance Tracking(NCT) & eCIMs, IAC Supplier Quality Tracking System(SQTS), Ford Covisint Supplier Improvement Metrics (SIM), Nissan 8D & Countermeasure Report, Mitsubishi Defect & Problem Tracking Sheet.
Maintain Gage Calibration System.
- Calibrate and maintain all internal measuring instruments, check fixtures, check mylars for both manufacturing plant and R&D laboratory to ISO 16949 requirements.
- Schedule and manage all external calibration sources.
- Design and Perform all Measurement System Analysis (MSA) required.
- Lead and/or participate in design and construction of new gages and changes to existing gages.
- Train operational personnel on use of check fixtures and other measuring instruments.
- Create operator instructions for all gages.
- Perform dimensional layouts using open layout methods.
- Perform dimensional layouts for PPAP submissions on new product, and changes to existing product per AIAG or customer formats.
- Perform dimensional layouts for customers requiring annual layouts.
- Represent Cadillac Products’ during visits to customers and suppliers to resolve quality complaints and other issues.
- Travel to customer plants to investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Travel to suppliers to investigate supplier issues.
- Assist Purchasing in supplier development.
- Write Trip Reports for all travel.
- Identify action required as a result of visits and assure action is taken.
- Assist sister plants using IMDS knowledge.
Develop, lead and participate in statistical studies to analyze and improve processes and monitor incoming supplier materials.
- Develop method of gathering data for statistical studies.
- Direct or participate in collection of data for statistical studies.
- Input and process data in a PC based statistical program.
- Analyze results of statistical studies.
- Recommend process improvements based on results of statistical studies.
- Assist in implementation of process improvements.
- Monitor results of processing improvements.
- Review incoming supplier material certifications and enter/monitor key product characteristics in statistical program.
Desired [Will provide job holder with added skill(s) to perform duties]:
- Good team-building and leadership skills.
- Understanding of automotive quality systems and requirement.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
Continuing education credits in quality systems requirements
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts to all levels of our workforce.
- Interpersonal skills to positively interact with customers and suppliers under various situations.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Work Experience, etc.):
Minimum [Must have to be considered for the position]:
Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ related automotive experience using quality problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet and statistical software.
- Able to travel a minimum of 10% to customers due to quality issues.
- Available to work overtime and weekends.