*25 hours/weekly Mondays through Fridays, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.*
*Benefits include paid time off, Holiday pay and employee participation in 401k
*Candidate must be willing work at all three Detroit locations as needed. Must have your own transportation.
Candidates fluent in reading, writing and speaking English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimal qualifications required for this position include:
- Excellent professional administrative skills desired
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with customers or clients, preferably in a placement, educational, human service or career development capacity.
- Education in a related field preferred, but not required.
- The ability to articulate thoughts clearly on paper with proper grammar, punctuation and the ability to apply language rules.
- Ability to apply techniques used in resume and cover letter writing and effectively guide customers in the process.
- Required to possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professional, friendly relationships with all visitors to the Michigan Works Service Centers including job seekers, partner staff, employers and program administrators and monitors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operating computerized software including word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet and Internet applications.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse customer base.