$250 Sign-on Bonus
MDI Worldwide - Marketing Displays, Inc. is a leading national signage and display manufacturer based in Farmington Hills. We have openings for Back-up Supervisors. This position works as part of a team assembling a variety of MDI products to the highest standards of quality, efficiency and safety. This position also performs the Work Center Supervisor duties and oversees staff when needed. Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and mandatory overtime as needed. $17.00/Hour
The sign-on bonus is paid after 90 days of full-time active employment as a MDI regular full-time plant employee.
Assembler tasks include; notch, punch, clip, sew, assemble and package material. Operate various hand tools and equipment to perform job functions including but not limited to air unit, punch press, hand drill, belt sander, hand file, staple gun, glue gun and bander.
Backup Supervisor tasks include; update PPM sheet, daily production board, inventory check list and labor hours, review production schedule, assemble shop packets, issue finished goods, submit carton pull and pick list, correct work center negatives and oversee staff
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent attendance, dependable, on-time ready to work.
- Previous manufacturing experience in a light assembly environment helpful.
- Ability to read and work from engineering prints.
- Ability to use various inspection devices measuring within 1/16th of an inch.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word).
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and to use hands and arms to move parts. The employee is frequently required to walk, and is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Ear protection is required where designated.
VENRAA Federal Contractor