$250 Sign-on Bonus. Paid after 90 days of full-time active employment as a MDI regular full-time plant employee.
MDI Worldwide - Marketing Displays, Inc. is a leading national signage and display manufacturer based in Farmington Hills. We have an opening for a Tool Crib Attendant. This position is responsible for sorting, counting, assembling packets and storing hardware. This position also receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, and non-inventory materials. A Tool Crib Attendant is responsible for skillfully and safely performing various manufacturing operations, and for following instructions and performing any other related duties as may be required by any Team Leader or Supervisor. This position reports to and assists the Tool Crib Leader.
M-F 7:00am – 3:30pm, plus mandatory overtime as needed.
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep accurate count of items.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical tools and manufacturing equipment.
- Excellent attendance, dependable, on-time ready to work.
- Ability to read and work from engineering prints.
- Proficient in metrology. Ability to use various inspection devices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Previous manufacturing experience in light assembly a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and to use hands and arms to move parts. The employee is frequently required to walk and is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Ear protection is required where designated.
VENRAA Federal Contractor