The Purchasing Agent places orders for raw materials to support manufacturing and customer service. Key focus points include maintaining efficient stocking levels and the highest degree of quality, cost management, and risk mitigation.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Review inventory, back orders and purchase requisitions reports to identify material needs.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers, confirm delivery dates.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure product will be shipped according to deadlines.
- Expedite orders and resolve delivery issues as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with Customer Service, Sales and Receiving to ensure that expectations are constantly met.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers while acting in the company's best interests.
- Ability to perform cost/price analysis and complete purchasing metric reports on a regular basis.