Eden Fields Assisted Living and Memory Care in Standish is seeking Medication Aides for all shifts. Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
Department: Resident Care Services
Reports to: Personal care Coordinator/Administrator
Description of Position:
Coordinates resident care related to medications by working with all departments, the medical community, families and administrative staff to provide for resident needs with continuity and an adherence to the scope of practice and licensure for the community. Provides complete supervision of the medication room, pass techniques, documentation and supervision and provision of care related to medication in the community.
The community has one Medication Aide on each shift.
Responsibilities of the Medication Aide:
- Resident charts. Keeping documentation current (Community forms, licensing documentation, physician orders, incident reports., etc.)
- Communicate resident status changes.
- Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct, including medication administration forms, physician orders, change of dosages, written orders to confirm telephone orders, etc.
- Ensure medication room is completely stocked with all required continuous, PRN, Over-the-Counter (OTC), and other medications as ordered by the physician.
- Coordinate medication orders and deliveries with pharmacies.
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers as needed.
- Monitor Psychotropic med use in congruent with physician orders and ensuring resident behaviors actually warrant the use of medication.
- Control medication room access and key assignment.
- Pour, pass, and assist with administration of medications in accordance with state regulations.
- Coordinate physician and other medical appointments.
- Read all communication notes regarding the community between the Caregiver shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.