Milan Metal Systems is now hiring for a Tool & Die Maker for the day shift. The Tool & Die Maker must be able to run all tool room machinery, extensive die maintenance and upgrade tooling of sorts. Will troubleshoot production concerns and build new tooling such as dies, fixtures, gages, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and upgrade fixtures and gages.
- General die maintenance such as sharpening, repairing and/or replacing details, grinding form steels, timing dies correctly and modifying tools to current standards.
- Instruct employees in good die maintenance and build practices.
- Instruct in general machining practices.
- Maintain written die logbooks and daily work summaries.
- Maintain good safety and housekeeping practices.
Starting wage: $27.00 to $30.00 an hour (depending on experience)
- High School diploma/GED, 4 years of related trade instruction preferred.
- State Certified Journeyman Status preferred.
- 4-8 years’ experience in production and troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong background on understanding die theory and troubleshooting.
- Able to run all tool room equipment, read prints and run precision equipment.