Milan Metal Systems is now hiring for a Maintenance Electrician for the day shift. The Maintenance Electrician will perform installation, troubleshooting, repair and disassembly of production machinery and facilities equipment. The Maintenance Electrician helps maintain the productivity and quality of the manufacturing operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform complicated installation of machines including the wiring of panels for PLC’s.
- Install wiring and conduit to and between machines, relays, sensing equipment, circuit boards, switches and position sensing devices.
- Operate various equipment to perform set up and take down of equipment.
- Perform repairs on electrical components that are found in conveyors, pumps, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines to ensure proper operation.
- Routine electrical preventive maintenance procedures.
- Test and diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures.
- Verifies repairs to equipment.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and parts.
- Complete maintenance logs and other schedules.
- Maintain good safety and housekeeping practices.
Starting wage: $28.00 to $33.00 an hour (depending on experience)
- High School diploma/GED
- 4 years of training as an apprentice to the point of certification preferred.
- Certification as a master electrician or journeyman in the trade preferred.
- 2-8 years’ experience in machine operation, production and troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment
- Able to read complex blue prints, read electrical diagrams and schematics.
- Understand fluid power dynamics, principles of lubrication, electronics, automated welding technology and pneumatic controls.
- Understand mechanical principles, use of bearings, bushings and seals.
- Consult manuals with code specifications.
- Machining capabilities
- Have or be able to obtain a Powered Industrial License in all necessary equipment