Milan Metal Systems is now hiring Press Operators for both 1st and 2nd shifts. The Press Operator is a key member of the production team. The goal for each operator is to grow in the ability to produce quality metal stampings. Press operators must learn technical skills associated with the metal forming process while demonstrating the ability to meet productivity, efficiency, and quality standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate single hit presses
- Working knowledge of press and feeder line components
- Adjusts feed length, speed and timing
- Operate and adjust various types of feeder mechanisms (roll, mechanical digital feeders)
- Adjusts decoilers, levelers and coil loop
- Band rejected coils in a safe and efficient manner.
- Set up and adjust Mister Units and their proper locations. Maintain the miser hoses, filters and nozzles as needed to the SIS sheet.
- Understand SPC system for quality control
- Follow 6S practices, responsible for area cleanup
- Record production and nonproduction data
- Follow SIS sheets
- Record data on PIR and alert Quality for non-conformances
- Loading/unloading of coils and starting of metal strips in the feed system
- Assist in set-up of die and auxiliary equipment
- Work with quality inspector and assures that all the correct quality documentation and equipment is in the work zone, checks calibration dates on Gages.
Starting wage: $12.00 to $15.00 an hour (depending on experience)
- High School diploma/GED
- Previous factory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic math
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Ability to read micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gauging devices
- Knowledgeable of principles of statistical process control along with the ability to both complete and read process control plans and charts.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis